GPdotNET – Memory issue with point decimal symbol


Few days ago GPdotNET beta was released, and received some mails that the program is consuming a lot of memory and its stuck. I tried to reproduce this issue but unfortunately I didn’t success. Analyzing  my code I realized that the localization should be a problem, cause there are some texts which need to be converted in to floating number like probability of reproduction, crossover and mutation. After correction, the issue is gone and program functions normally.

Regarding localization and different decimal symbol format  I published SampleData with point decimal symbol, to allow users to get initial sample for testing.

About Bahrudin Hrnjica

PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Microsoft MVP for .NET. Likes .NET, Math, Mechanical Engineering, Evolutionary Algorithms, Blogging.

Posted on 16/05/2010, in .NET, C#, GPdotNET and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s