Today I wanted to remove some of my experimental projects hosted in tfspreview.com. But I have never tried to delete project from Team Foundation Server at all. SO I started to search and found that you have to use Cisula Studio Command Prompt in ordr to delete project on TFS.
So here are steps how you can easily delete project form TSFPreview.com
Before you run the command you need to provide the following information similar I have listed here:
My tfs preview account is: https://bhrnjica.tfspreview.com
The project I want to delete is: CrossNumber
Database which contains my project is: DefaultCollection
These informationa are required to delete project, and also before you start deletion you must be logged to your tfspreview.com subscription.
1. Open Visual Studio Command Prompt
2. Type the following command: TFSDeleteProject /force /collection:https://bhrnjica.tfspreview.com/DefaultCollection CrossNumber
3. Confirm deletion by typing “Y”
4. The result in Command prompt will be similar like on the picture:
5. Go to your project web site to be sure the project is terminated.
More information about Deleting Team Project you can find here.